Monday, April 27, 2009

Thank You Walt

March 2 was probably one of the worst days of my life. Why? Because it was the day my orchestra left the Happiest Place on Earth after being there for five days. That's right people, Disney World. It's almost been two months, and my friends still tease me about how much I miss being there.

February 26 was one of the best days of my life, because that was the day we left. Right when I got off the plane, I knew this trip would be one to remember. The sun was shining and there were palm trees everywhere, not something I'm used to in the Midwest. After arriving at the All-Star Music Resort, I immediately ran inside for a quick second to change into a pair of shorts. Shorts! In February! Then it was straight off to the Hollywood Studios park for the first day of Disney Amazingness.

That first day was the first day of me freaking out before going on every ride at the park. My friend had made it a point to drag me on every ride since before that I had been extremely scared of roller coasters (I'm so glad he did!). So standing in line for Tower of Terror, (as well as most other rides) to say I was scared is a definite understatement. I was shaking, whimpering, and just freaking out. But I had a great support system of friends who, after laughing at my hilarious terror, held my hand and said I wouldn't die on the ride =] I love them for that.

Spending every day at Disney World with no chaperones to walk around with us (and only about two check in times a day) was incredible. Occasionally we would see our orchestra directors which made for very interesting encounters (especially when our crazy Mr. Meyer was in the front row of the Hulk roller coaster at Universal Studios!). And we only performed once, which I think is hilarious; a five day trip, for a half an hour of performing. I became so much closer to everyone on the trip, and just being down there with no stress, no school work, nothing to worry about, made the trip that much better. Disney World is great for cultivating new and strong friendships and for giving a person the time of their life. Plus you can meet Mickey Mouse. Nuff said. I love that guy.

No comments: