Sunday, October 26, 2008

Congratulations, Spartans


What a great season. Spartan JV girls volleyball team, I just want to say thanks for a crazy, awesome, fun, hilarious, incredible season. It went by so fast, but they say that time flies when you're having fun. That pretty much sums it up. We have so many great memories from this season that I can't even begin to list them. I would probably run out of room on my page. From waking up early and chowing down bagels before a tournament to coach's little boy trying as hard as he possibly could to reach the bottom of that net ("I missed! I missed!"), the list goes on forever. As for that last tournament, wow. It was incredible. Yeah, we got second place. But we got SECOND PLACE!! That's awesome! We played out of our minds! So many kills, straight down the line, and perfect passes and serves, the others teams never had a chance! And then out in the hallway, we were kinda crazy. I haven't seen that movie yet (don't worry I really want to!) and already the song is stuck in my head! I can't even imagine the looks on everyone's faces in the gym when we started singing at the top of our lungs. "They're volleyball players, not singers." Thanks coach. We all got along so well with each other, which definitely helped to account for our success. We were a cohesive group, always working hard but having fun at the same time. Except for those down-and-backs, those were not that great. But it was a great time. I cannot believe that the season went by so quickly. But we keep saying that our last tournament was a celebration, not a goodbye. Besides, weight-lifting three times a week starts now. I'm guessing we'll all have just as much fun together.

PS The photo has nothing to do with anything... I just thought it was funny :)

2 comments:

Emily W said...

Anna,
As a member of your team, I would just like to say THANK YOU for all the great times we had on the team this past season. We all worked hard, and it payed off. From being your serving partner at practice to encouraging each other when times got tough, I had a blast being on the team with you. It has been so much fun playing vball with you since seventh grade, and going to U of I volleyball camp with you has always been one of my favorite things to do in the summer. Great blog, and great season!! :)

B. Williamson said...

I came to at least three different games of yours this season, and I was really impressed. Everyone was so good! Congrats on an awesome season, I hope you guys all stick with it and try out for varsity next year.